I’ve just installed IIS 7.5 on a machine with Windows 7. Of course the website I deployed didn’t work on the first attempt, here’s a few steps to fix the missing (or wrong) settings on the webserver. Before starting ensure the url you enter on the browser points to the deployed website. Main things to check :
- The host file under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc should have an entry for the website deployed.
- Assign the same url to the host name of your website under IIS.
* Ensure you enter the site url including the port, es http://www.dev.mywebsite.com:8099
Once all the correct urls are been set on both iis and the host file, try access the site.
The same website working perfectly within the Visual Studio webserver, now on IIS, returns this error when trying to browse it:
HTTP Error 500.19 – Internal Server Error
Description: The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
Odd because the web.config haven’t changed. To fix it edit the applicationHost.config in the c:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\config folder by changing the following key values:
- <section name="handlers" overrideModeDefault="Deny" />
- <section name="modules" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" overrideModeDefault="Deny" />